School News

 
Covid update
15 Oct 2021
Key worker children - 15/10/21
14 Oct 2021
COVID - Remote Learning for ALL children tomorrow
14 Oct 2021
Grewelthorpe Bonfire
14 Oct 2021
Rotary Club Bonfire
14 Oct 2021
Bonfire Lunch - Friday 5th November
14 Oct 2021
Frog's Chair Report & AGM Minutes
14 Oct 2021
After School Clubs
14 Oct 2021
New Starters - Reception Photograph
13 Oct 2021
Covid Cases
12 Oct 2021
Applying For A Reception Place For Your Child - 2022
12 Oct 2021
Proposed School Admission Arrangements 2023/2024
11 Oct 2021
Menu amendment
08 Oct 2021
Harvest Service at the church
08 Oct 2021
Collective Worship - Generosity
07 Oct 2021
Walk to School Day
05 Oct 2021
Deadline Approaching
04 Oct 2021
Pumpkin Carving Competition
04 Oct 2021
Ripon Cathedral Christmas Fair
04 Oct 2021
Rescheduled coffee afternoon
01 Oct 2021
St James Church Grewelthorpe
29 Sep 2021
Flu Vaccinations
29 Sep 2021
St James Church - Harvest festival
29 Sep 2021
Adult Learning & Skills Service
28 Sep 2021
ParentPay
27 Sep 2021
River Skell Project
25 Sep 2021
Outwood Academy - Open Evening
24 Sep 2021
Governor Vacancy
21 Sep 2021
Our Carbon Footprint
20 Sep 2021
IMPORTANT - Secondary School Applications
17 Sep 2021
Reception Baseline Assessment
17 Sep 2021
Church News
17 Sep 2021
Harvest Festival
15 Sep 2021
Class 4 trip to Barley Hall York Friday 24th September 2021
15 Sep 2021
Rain Coats
14 Sep 2021
Football After School Club
14 Sep 2021
Head Lice
14 Sep 2021
Applying for a secondary school place 2022
13 Sep 2021
Protecting Children Against Influenza
13 Sep 2021
Nidderdale High Open Evening - for Year 6 pupils
10 Sep 2021
After School Clubs - w/c 13th September - w/e 22nd October
09 Sep 2021
Art & Pottery Club
09 Sep 2021
Walking home unaccompanied
04 Sep 2021
P.E.
04 Sep 2021
Welcome Back
04 Sep 2021
Church News
02 Sep 2021
Swimming - Class 4
29 Aug 2021
Parental consent for a rolling programme of series & local visits 2021-2022
29 Aug 2021


ARCHIVE


ARCHIVE


ARCHIVE
 

Fountains 10K - POSTPONED

22 Apr 2021


 
 
 

 
 
 

Dear parents/carers,

 

Following the meeting last week where we discussed the risks and rewards of holding the race on 26th May versus postponing it until later in the year, the consensus decision was that we should persevere with plans to hold the event on 16th May.

We came to this decision because:

  1. RaceBest had limited availability to provide us with timing services after social distancing regulations are lifted on 21st June, and we had (wrongly) thought that the only dates available were in the school holidays, which would pose significant problems for sourcing marshals, and may limit the number of runners who are able to attend due to holiday plans etc.
  2. After canvassing the opinion of runners, there was an overwhelming feeling that runners just want events to go ahead as planned, even with COVID-security restrictions in place, and even if it significantly affects the atmosphere and overall race experience. Those who did not want to run a race under covid-secure restrictions have purposefully not entered any races yet, as they are waiting for “things to go back to normal” before they do, and these runners therefore are unlikely to be part of the 500 entrants that we already have for the race.
  3. In terms of the difference in profit between holding the race in May or July, I had estimated that there would only be a £1500 difference between the two dates, and therefore we didn’t feel that it was enough to significantly affect our decision.

However, after hearing back from the village Hall committee on Friday, they have informed me that they will not be able to grant us permission to use the community park or village hall for the event in May due to concerns that the reputation of the village hall may be negatively impacted if there is any outbreak of Covid-19 as a result of the event. Since we can find no other suitable venue for starting the race which has a similar amount of space to the community park (we have also investigated using a local field), this unfortunately means that we are unable to ensure there is adequate social distancing at the race start, and we therefore are unable to comply with full COVID-security measures, and we have therefore been forced to postpone the event until later in the year when the social distancing regulations will have been lifted (i.e. after 21st June).

We have therefore made the decision to postpone the event until 18th July (which is actually the week BEFORE we break up for the school holidays!).

The benefits of this is that we can hold a much bigger and better event, with spectators, Ripon band (hopefully), catering facilities, other vendors/stalls, the fun run, and a prize giving ceremony! So hopefully much more fun for everyone involved!

 

That’s all for now folks!

 

Hannah 

 
Go to the page-top

Please wait


Copyright © 2021  Grewelthorpe C of E Primary School    Website Terms & Conditions
41  


Selct an hour and a minute and then click on Set Time

Selected Time:  _:_

Hours
Minutes
 
Set Time